Document Imaging (Image Hosting Service) is the AIS Centralized Image Hosting Service, which allows departments to manage documents through the use of the University’s site license of the software suite provided by Optical Image Technology, Inc. Departments can take advantage of free software licenses, improve customer service, reduce paper storage space requirements, decrease expenses, have secure Web browser access for retrieval, and eliminate document loss.
If you already have an existing account on the Centralized Image Hosting Production service, then you may login to Document Imaging Version 10.
Before getting started with our Document Imaging service, there are various questions that must be considered. Once the following questions have been answered, please contact the Document Imaging Consultant.
- What document or documents will be stored in the system?
- Who will scan and index the documents into the system?
- Who should have access to the system?
- What kind of filing structure should be used?
- What search criteria will be used to find the documents?
- i.e. PSUID number, PCARD number, Invoice number, User ID, etc.
- Is it best to start with the current date and time or should backlogs be considered?
- Do you have a workstation, scanner, or multifunction printer available that can be used for this process?
You, as a department, are responsible for providing decisions on how to structure your filing system, providing a proper workstation and scanner for this process, providing support for scanning and indexing documents into the system, and providing retention schedules for your documents.
Our Document Imaging service provides various advantages to those using the service, including:
- FREE software licenses
- Improved customer service
- Reduced paper storage requirements
- Decreased operational expenses
- Secure Web browser access for retrieval of documents
- Eliminates loss of documents
- Facilitates efficient document sharing
As a part of our Document Imaging service, we provide:
- Complete server infrastructure with security, back-ups, and storage
- Three phases of test, acceptance, and production, which provides the opportunity to make changes as the user works through system setup
- Installation and configuration of Optical Image Technology, Inc. software, which is covered under the Penn State site license
- Training, support, and consulting
At this time, this service is provided to you at no additional charge. Your cost will only include the purchase of your own scanning station and the time commitment for filing your documents in the system.
Documentation & Resources
Help & Support
If you need technical support, or would like to schedule an initial consultation meeting with the Document Management team, please submit a request through Service Now.