In this tip for using the University Collaboration Suite (UCS), we will show you a few methods for creating appointments using the mini calendar within UCS. The mini calendar is located at the lower left-hand corner of the screen within UCS.
Method 1: QuickAdd
- In UCS, right-click on a day in the mini calendar.
- Click on New Appointment.
- You will now see the standard QuickAdd Appointment window.
Method 2: Add appointment via e-mail message
- In UCS, drag an e-mail message to a day on the mini calendar.
- A dialog box will appear asking you if you want to add the sender and other recipients of the e-mail message to your appointment. If you want to create a meeting invitation using the sender and recipients of the e-mail, you can choose to add them by clicking Yes. Otherwise, click No and the sender and recipients will not be added to the meeting invite.
- The subject line of the e-mail becomes the title of the appointment and the body of the e-mail is displayed in the notes pane. You can edit these as necessary.
- Add any additional information, such as a meeting location, additional attendees, time for the meeting, etc.
This is very helpful if there has been an e-mail conversation back and forth about a particular subject.
We hope you found this tip helpful! Stay tuned for our next tip on using UCS. If you have an idea for a tip on using UCS, please feel free to e-mail the AIS Webmaster.