In this tip for using the University Collaboration Suite (UCS), we will show you how to insert hyperlinks into an e-mail message. When typing a web or e-mail address, UCS will automatically format it to make it clickable. However, if you want to link text or images, this tip is for you.
- In UCS, click on the Mail tab.
- Click on the New Message button, which will open a Compose window where you can construct your new e-mail message.
- Click on the Options pull-down menu in the Compose window and make sure that Format As HTML is selected.
- Enter the text in your e-mail message as you normally would. (ex: “On the AIS website, I found…”)
- Mouse over to select the text you want to convert into a hyperlink. (ex: “On the AIS website, I found…”)
- Next, click on the Insert/Edit Link button in the toolbar. (Note: the icon is a chainlink )
You should see a screen similar to this:
- Enter the complete URL to the website, including the “http://” or “https://” portion of the URL, into the URL field. To construct a link for an e-mail address, use the format “mailto:email@example.com”.
- In the Text to display field, the text that you highlighted should already be there. You can change it here if you would like.
- In the Target dropdown menu, select the New window option.
- Click on the Ok button to save your changes and return to the Compose window.
We hope this is helpful! Stay tuned for our next tip on using UCS.